SPCC Call for Papers and PresentationsGlobal semiconductor manufacturers, suppliers, researchers and students are invited to submit abstracts in all aspects of advanced cleaning and surface preparation, including but not limited to those listed below. Technical presentations can include new experimental work and findings or subject area reviews in wet processes and surface preparation.
Submissions addressing current or anticipated (future) challenges are particularly encouraged including:
- Cleaning challenges associated with advanced memory technologies, including pattern collapse, selective etching, particle removal and surface preparation in DRAM, 3D-NAND and Emerging Memories.
- Challenges associated with wet and dry cleaning, surface preparation, and controlled removal of materials associated with advanced Logic structures – including FinFET and both horizontal and vertical Nanowire devices.
- Reduction of environment, safety, health impacts
- Surface preparation and clean challenges associated with Ge, III-V and 2D systems.
- Multi-metal post etch cleans challenges in FEOL and BEOL
- Post CMP cleaning challenges
- Copper and low-κ dielectric related cleaning and ashing issues for 3D and advanced interconnect
- Unique challenges associated with advanced, optical and EUV mask cleaning
- Control of contamination during cleaning, fabrication, exposure, storage and transport of substrates and masks
- Challenges associated with the water, chemicals and associated delivery systems.
- Analytical techniques relevant to surface preparation
- In-situ monitoring techniques and statistical process control of cleaning or wet processes
- The effect of surface preparation on electrical/device performance
- Surface finishing in relation to packaging, such as bondpad corrosion
- Surface preparation and passivation challenges in photovoltaic, MEMS, and nanoelectronics
- Defect/particle reduction techniques for advanced CMOS or automotive devices
Abstracts in (MS Word or PDF only) should be two-page (maximum) and include the selected topic. Authors are also invited to expand their papers for submission to a special peer reviewed edition of the Microelectronics Engineering to be published after the conference. Only full papers submitted by June 1, 2018 will be considered for publication. When submitting an abstract, please indicate if you also plan to submit a full paper for this publication.
For questions regarding the technical program, contact Joel Barnett at 512-424-1631 or email him.
Abstract Submission Form
Submit abstracts to Joel Barnett by December 29, 2017
To submit your abstract, please fill out the form below:
SPCC 2018 Technical Committee
Joel Barnett – TEL (Chair)
Ajay Bhatnagar – AMAT
Akshey Sehgal – GLOBALFOUNDRIES
Chris Sparks – Air Liquide
Craig Huffman – Micron
Evelyn Kennedy – Honeywell
Frank Holsteyns – imec
Glenn Gale – TEL
Jagdish Prasad – Lam Research
Jeff Butterbaugh – TEL
Jim Snow – DNS
Jin-Goo Park – Hanyang University
Martin Knotter – NXP
Rick Reidy – University of North Texas
Shariq Siddiqui – IBM Alliance
Thomas Phely-Bobin – Entegris
Viorel Balan – CEA-Leti
Yongsun Koh – Samsung
Zhenxing Han – Micron